Sunday, March 3, 2013

yeah, I'm a lazy blogger

Yup, I made a sweeping declaration a few months ago that I'd be blogging more often. And I have no good excuse besides just enjoying life.

I started dating a beautiful and intelligent young woman in October. Things are going very well and I'm very happy on that front. We met through mutual friends, and I occasionally thank these friends for that setup. She's smart, calm, well spoken, classy and all kinds of other positive adjectives! Feeling quite lucky these days with lady like that.

Work is good. Adventures as a Paramedic in the north country of NH has it's good and bad days, but I'm the kind of medic that has that odd sense of humor, so it fits me well. I am contemplating taking an online bridge course from Paramedic to RN, which I can do mostly online. RN's make more money and don't have to go out in the middle of  nowhere to take care of someone (offroad trails, mountains and such). I'll either start said program this fall or early next year.

Aikido is going well. We've added a few more students, so we've got a nice small regular class. Much needed. While it was kinda nice getting private lessons for a few months, Aikido works better as a class with more people.

All the while I still miss training in Ninpo Chuan Fa. Recently I'd been in contact with my old teacher about possibly starting up the program again. This time I have volunteered to assist as his assistant instructor and teach on nights that he wouldn't be available. I'm at an age now where I feel mature and comfortable enough to teach. We both work full time jobs, and it's best that we find a good balance in our offtime for that. A new space has become available that we can use for very cheap at a local community center.

As is, it's been a waste that he hasn't been teaching martial arts. He's an incredibly talented instructor and martial artist, with an impressive resume and what he taught being a practical and well stylized martial art that covered many bases from striking, to ground combat, and the spiritual aspects of martial arts.

If we're able to make his program start again and sustain with our combined effort, I may drop the Aikido classes. A lot of it will depend on scheduling, but Aikido will not be the priority if we can achieve a regular Ninpo Chuan Fa class.

We'll see how it all goes, but I've got high hopes... just how I roll












No comments:

Post a Comment