Monday, May 19, 2014

Arizona Trip Part 4

It's taken me way too long to get these blog posts out. Anyways...

The day we returned the bikes we took another scenic loop around the Phoenix area with my old man leading the way. It was another good morning of riding. My brother and his fiancee followed us in my father's BMW sports coupe. It was another good day of riding.

We dropped off the bikes at the dealerships and enjoyed some drinks before my mom got out of work, then we were off to a nice semi-fancy restaurant for a Cinco De Mayo dinner. Excellent food all around, although not many of us got any real southwest type dishes. It's kind of funny for my father, loving the retired life in AZ, but not a fan of spicy or southwest cuisine. My time with my family was well spent, with some great memories that I'll gladly hold onto. I think I was finally also able to guilt my parents enough to come home and visit us for a change!

As far as the rental bike goes, I was quite impressed with the HD 1200 Sportster Custom. I'm not converted, but I did enjoy the ride.

The next day was all about the travel back to NH. Had a 5 hour flight, and losing 3 hours due to time zones, and then a 3 hour drive back home. I was pretty tired, and scheduled to go into work for a 24 hour shift the next morning. Only ended up using half a vacation week though, so not too shabby.

It's a strange feeling when I'm on a traveling vacation and then go back to the usual life. It can be weird, but good to get out of the usual routine.

The first thing I noticed when I got my first chance to ride my motorcycle again was how heavy it felt! The Sporty was at least 100 lbs lighter! I guess you get used to a bike when you put over 500 miles on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment