Monday, December 3, 2012

Where's the snow?

I bought myself a pair of snowshoes, trekking poles and a pair of "stable-icers" this past weekend. We had snow on the ground... honestly we did! It was all pretty and stuff, and it's December!

One of the main reasons I enjoy living in the northeast is the specific seasons. I like the change. I want a white Christmas! Unfortunately the snow we received this weekend was rained out and melted by late Sunday morning.

I contemplated taking the motorcycle out in protest to mother nature, but with all the sand and salt on the roads, it would have been lousy riding. Now I have these new snowshoes ready to hit the trails, but anxiously awaiting the white stuff.

I'd only taken up snowshoeing a few years ago, and in that time borrowed my girlfriend's (now ex)  father's old fashioned style snowshoes. The new one's I've got have crampons on the bottom as well, something that will help on the steeper aspects of the trails  I usually use. This year I'm hoping to get out on the trails more to continue enjoying the outdoors on hikes.

So bring on the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment