Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Well, at least that sucked

So our little film crew traveled downstate to the premiere of all the films for the 48 Hour Film Project. We saw a little over 20 films, including ours. Ours was the worst... hands down. My friend, the director didn't think so, however. He thought there were a couple other worse than ours. The ones he picked on weren't the best films, but were ones that I at least enjoyed. Think my buddy is in some deep denial.

He promised he'd have the "director's cut" finished soon. Just watched it today. A lot better, particularly with the audio and use of both cameras. However, being the first person to see it, my friend was disappointed by my laughter at the fight scene between myself and our friend Rina, complete with very cheesy lightning effects. He was hoping I'd be impressed and not find it comical. I honestly felt bad. He'd put a lot into this, and he's taking this stuff pretty hard. He really wants to make it big one day and be an actual Hollywood director. He's going to have to face some facts if that's to happen, and get his ego in check.

Next year, if I'm to join him in another project, I have to approve of the story, or I'm out. My friend, for his part, at least admits that he fucked up royally, and has apologized profusely for this whole process. Lesson learned.

In other news, looks like John has a good chance at a new job, and we'll find out if he gets it this week. The schedule for our classes might have to change, since his job would be an afternoon-evening schedule. Hope he gets the job. It fits his background and has good benefits, which can be hard to come by.

My material is really starting to sink in again. One thing about our system is we're pretty "form heavy". At my level as a 3rd Dan, I have nearly 30 forms, and putting the peaces of the puzzle together has been challenging, but fun.

So the program's time might be up in the air, but we continue on, with one regular student so far. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment