Saturday, May 18, 2013

Changes

We haven't had any new students. Tim is training with us regularly, and his grown up son joined in a on a class this past week too. The training is good, and fun! But if we're not getting any students then we can't really have a program.

John and I have decided that if there are no students by the end of the month, then we're going to suspend the program for now, and John will switch to teaching Tai Chi, in the meantime we all still meet to train together, while John and I advertise taking on students for private lessons.

I think there's a much better market for Tai Chi classes (which John has taught in the past), particularly with the WREN crowd. I can understand how hard it can be for someone to devote years to trying to learn a martial art and obtain a black belt. Unfortunately, some "McDojos" and the diluting due to the increase and overcommercialization of MMA have taken away from some of the core principles of the studying the martial arts, particularly improving one's own character.

We might try again in the fall with a regular class program. Who knows. Most importantly, we're training again.

Tommorrow I'm flying out to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for a cousin's wedding. I'll see my parents along with my brother and his girlfriend, some aunts and uncles. Should be fun. My girlfriend won't be going, since the plans were made before we started dating last year, and she's busy with a new job.

Looking forward to the vacation. Work has been good, but you need a break every once in a while.
Maybe I'll be enjoying a margarita on the beach when I write my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment