Monday, September 10, 2012

Uphill with a smile

Over the past month I've gotten into doing some regular hiking. Part of my way of getting fit and getting outside more. Living in the White Mountains of NH means I'm living in a virtual playground for hikers. Even in my town of Berlin there are plenty of places to go hiking.

About 4 blocks down the street from me sits Mount Jasper. A small mountain just behind the local high school. For a quick hike up and and back, it works quite well. I usually get from the my house to the top within thirty minutes. Makes for a good semi quick cardio workout. While a short hike, the views from the top are excellent. I can see most of my town from there.

By this time next year I hope to have hiked up the Presidential Range, particularly Mt Washington. Sadly the only one I've been up before is Mt Adams. I'm looking forward to this challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment