Friday, June 8, 2012

moving on...

I've been avoiding this blog for a little while, mainly since I'm really not sure what to write about. My life has been in an odd state since becoming single again.

My ex girlfriend essentially gave full custody of her child to her ex-husband, lying to her family and I about what she was going to do with her daughter. And... there was another guy. So my respect for her is gone. I don't hate her, since hate implies that I want something bad to happen to her. If it wasn't for her family, all of whom I still care for dearly, then I would hate her.  It's tough being close friends with one of her sisters, who is also angry with her. I had one friend tell me that her actions don't make her a bad person. My response was simply, "so cheating on her man and giving up primary custody of her child makes her a good person"? No reply after that.  I thought I was a with a nice hippy chick, who turned into a shallow whiny child over the past year. 

I really didn't want to blog about my breakup, but it would feel odd not to, like holding back. I'll forgive her someday, if she donates a kidney to someone I care about or cures cancer. A few people have a hard time with me being honest about my disdain for my ex. They don't like it, I ask them to take one moment and step into my shoes. I was a damn good boyfriend and also an excellent role model to Alice. I miss her dearly, and I feel now like all the time I spent with the little on was for nothing. However, as far as my ex goes, good riddance.

Ok, I'm done. I had to get that off my chest.

There have been some good things over the past couple months since. I'll get to those. Some good times to blog about.

Sorry about the angry blog folks. Promise there's positive energy I'll send out in the blogosphere soon.

Namaste and all that jive...



No comments:

Post a Comment