Tuesday, June 14, 2011

winning!

          As of now, my motorcycle has been getting more attention than my new mountain bike. I had a feeling this would happen, for various reasons. My motorcycle is very cool, an a comfy ride. My mountain bike requires me to work somewhat, and not as comfortable.

          I bought the mountain bike mainly as a commuter to work, since the ambulance base is just about a mile from my house. The rain hasn't helped. Not exactly excited about riding in the rain. And there have been a couple times where I just felt like taking the long way to work on the motorcycle. There's also the handful of days a month where I drive little Alice (girlfriend Marjie's kiddo) to pre-school. Need the car for that one, and Alice is a litte small for me to be comfortable enough to ride on my motorcycle.

          Looking forward to this thursday, when the weather's supposed to be excellent, and the Mount Washington Auto Road is holding it's annual Ride to the Sky. Marjie and I are excited to go. Even though I love my motorcycle and take pride in NH's motorcycle week, I rarely make it down to Weir's Beach. This makes the auto road trip my main bike week event. Plus, work and other things usually come up, prohibiting me from the proper planning for heading down to Laconia.

          Most of my interest in bicycles lately has been more with teaching and practicing with Alice, 4 years old and learning the ropes with training wheels. She gets better every time she gets on her bright pink with basket and tassels bike, and with any luck this fall we can try without the training wheels. Thankful that I have a big paved schoolyard across the street from my house to practice with her on.

         I don't usually ride my bike with her, due to conentrating on her progress, but I hope as the weather improves over the summer that my mtn bike will become the commuter I was hoping it would be. Still glad I bought the bike, but I think it's safe to say that for now, the motorcycle wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment